Sunday, October 2, 2016

What If I Never Get Married And Have Kids?

I've asked myself this question before, but this time is different. This time, it isn't a rhetorical question. In my twenties, I imagined a life with the white picket fence, two point five kids, and a clumsy Great Dane named after a superhero. Life didn't go as planned. At thirty-five, I found myself driving down a winding back road, crying over my last break-up, even though it was a few years ago, and trying to imagine ever being in another relationship. I almost crashed the car when the thought occurred to me. What if I never get married and have kids? For real, though.

There are women like me out there, women who are making their way through the world on their own terms. My dearest wish, though, it that this blog finds its way to those women who haven't yet figured out the answer to this question. If that's you, don't worry. While I admit it's easier said than done, the answer is less complicated than you may think. 

"Be happy anyway."

It came to me, just like that. Be happy anyway. Well, if you're anything like me, you might not have the slightest idea how to be happy when things don't turn out the way you expected. I'm having the time of my life figuring it out, though. And you can too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment